VS.: Confronting Modern Slavery in America (“VS.”, “we,” or “us”) welcomes you to the VS. Confronts Website (the “VS. Site”). The VS. Site allows you to learn about and find resources for the subject of combatting human trafficking in modern America. The following terms and conditions (“Terms & Conditions”) govern your access and use of the VS. Site and all of the information, tools, features and functionality made available on or through the Site. [By accessing or using the VS. Site, you are acknowledging that you have read, understand, and agree, without limitation or qualification, to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.]
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features that augment or enhance the current VS. Site shall be subject to the Terms & Conditions. You understand and agree that the VS. Site is provided “AS-IS” and that VS. assumes no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery or failure to store any user communications or personalization settings.
The information contained in the VS. Site is provided for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.
No visitor to the VS. Site should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the VS. Site without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from an attorney licensed in the recipient’s state.
3. Submitted Materials
4. Third-Party Links
We are not responsible for the content of any websites linked to or from the VS. Site. Links appearing on the VS. Site are for convenience only and are not an endorsement by us of the referenced content, product, service or supplier. Your linking to or from any other websites is at your own risk. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating, and we do no warrant the offerings of, any other websites, nor do we assume any responsibility or liability for the actions, content, products or services of such websites. You should carefully review the terms and conditions and privacy policies of all other websites that you visit.
5. Rules of Conduct
While accessing or using the VS. Site, in addition to any other supplementary terms, rules and/or guidelines that may be posted, you agree that you shall not:
- impersonate any person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, or misrepresent your affiliation with any other person or entity;
- “stalk” or otherwise harass another;
- Harm minors in any way;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy, download, sell, resell or otherwise exploit the VS. Site or any Site content or any portion thereof, for commercial use (other than professional networking);
- upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- offer to buy or sell any goods or services on or through the VS. Site unless the VS. Site specifically allows such messages;
- Alter, edit, delete, remove, fail to display, otherwise change the meaning or appearance of, or repurpose any of the content on the VS. Site, or attempt to do so, including, without limitation, any trademarks, trade names, logos, service marks, promotional taglines, or any other proprietary content or proprietary rights notices included on the VS. Site;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the VS. Site;
- obtain or attempt to gain unauthorized access to other computer systems, materials, information or any service available on or through the VS. Site through any means;
- engage in spidering, “screen scraping” “database scraping,” harvesting of e-mail addresses or other personal information, or any other automatic or unauthorized means of accessing, logging-in or registering on the VS. Site, or obtaining lists of users or other information from or through the VS. Site;
- use the VS. Site in any manner that could interrupt, damage, disable, overburden or impair the VS. Site or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the VS. Site;
- circumvent, reverse engineer, decrypt, or otherwise alter or interfere with the VS. Site or any software on the VS. Site;
- Upload, post, or otherwise publish to, on or through the VS. Site, any information, content or materials which are false, fraudulent, misleading, unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, hateful, racially ethnically or otherwise objectionable, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, offensive, incendiary, pornographic, profane, sexually explicit or indecent;
- upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- use the VS. Site, to violate, plagiarize or infringe the rights of third parties;
- download any file posted by another user of the VS. Site that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot legally be distributed in such manner;
- upload, post, publish, distribute or otherwise transmit any information or material which constitutes or contains a virus, spyware, or other harmful component, or which contains any embedded links, advertising, chain letters or pyramid schemes; or
- use the VS. Site in violation of any applicable law.
6. No Unlawful or Prohibited Use
As a condition of your use of the VS. Site you warrant to VS. that you will not use the VS. Site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, or notices. You may not use the VS. Site in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the VS. Site or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the VS. Site. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the VS. Site. You understand that using VS.’s web site for an illegal purpose or to transmit content that is unlawful, harassing, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, harmful, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable, may result in removal of content and/or termination of your membership
7. Electronic Communications/Notices
You hereby consent to receive communications from us electronically. We do not accept any liability or responsibility for emails or other electronic c communications that are intercepted, garbled, lost or not received. We may also provide notices of changes to these Terms & Conditions or other matters by displaying notices or links to notices to you generally on the VS. Site.
8. Special Admonitions for International Use
Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable content. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
9. Proprietary Rights
As between you and us, and except for any materials you submit to the VS. Site, we own all rights, title and interest in and to the VS. Site and all the content, software, code, data and other materials on the VS. Site, the look and feel, design and organization of the VS. Site, and the compilation of the content of the Site, including but not limited to any intellectual property rights. Your use of the VS. Site does not grant you ownership or title of, in or to any content of the VS. Site or any other part of the VS. Website.
10. Limited License
Subject to these Terms & Conditions, we grant you a limited, revocable, and non-exclusive license to access and use the VS. Site for individual on your computer or other Internet-capable device. Any unauthorized use by You of the VS. Site terminates the limited license without prejudice to any other remedy provided by applicable law.
Subject to these Terms & Conditions you may print, download, and store content from the VS. Site for your own convenience by you may not copy, distribute or otherwise violate the Rules of Conduct set forth above.
The trademarks, logos, service marks and trade names that may be displayed on the VS. Site are registered and unregistered trademarks of VS. and other persons and may not be used unless authorized expressly on the VS. Site, in these Terms & Conditions or by the applicable trademark owner. Nothing contained on the VS. Site should be construed as granting, by implication or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark displayed on the VS. Site without our written permission or that of the trademark’s owner.
12. Right to Monitor and Editorial Control
VS. does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such content. Under no circumstances will VS. be liable in any way for any content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, e-mailed or otherwise transmitted via the Service.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold VS., its partners and employees and agents harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising in any way from (i) your use of the VS. Site, (ii) any material you submit to the VS. Site; or (iii) your breach of the law or these Terms & Conditions. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to cooperate with any such defense.
14. No Resale of Service
Unless otherwise specified, you agree not to display, distribute, license, perform, publish, reproduce, duplicate, copy, create derivative works from, modify, sell, resell, exploit, transfer or transmit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the VS. Site.
15. General Practices Regarding Use and Storage
You acknowledge that VS. may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Service, including the maximum number of times (and the maximum duration for which) you may access the VS. Site in a given period of time. You agree that Cadwalder has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any messages and other communications or other content maintained or transmitted by the VS. Site. You acknowledge that VS. reserves the right to log off accounts that are inactive for an extended period of time. You further acknowledge that VS. reserves the right to change these general practices and limits at any time, in its sole discretion, with or without notice.
16. Disclaimer of Warranties
THE VS. SITE AND ALL SERVICES AND PRODUCTS ASSOCIATED WITH THE VS. SITE ARE PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS” AND “WHEN AVAILABLE” BASIS. CADWALADER MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE CONTENT OR OPERATION OF THE VS. SITE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
VS. MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OR GUARANTIES REGARDING THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE CONTENT ON THE VS. SITE AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT SUCH REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES ARE NOT LEGALLY EXCLUDABLE. CADWALADER MAKES NO REPRESENTATION WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OR GUARANTEE THAT THE CONTENT THAT MAY BE AVAILABLE IS FREE OF INFECTION FROM ANY VIRUSES OR OTHER CODE OR COMPUTER PROGRAMMING ROUTINES THAT CONTAIN CONTAMINATING OR DESTRUCTIVE PROPERTIES OR THAT ARE INTENDED TO DAMAGE, SURREPTITIOUSLY INTERCEPT OR EXPROPRIATE ANY SYSTEM, DATA OR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
17. Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT, SHALL CADWALADER OR ANY OF ITS PARTNERS OR EMPLOYEES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM, OR DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO, THE USE OF OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE VS. SITE, YOUR PROVISION OF INFORMATION OR CONTENT VIA THE VS. SITE, LOST BUSINESS OR LOST SALES. IN NO EVENT SHALL CADWALADER BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR, OR IN CONNECTION WITH, ANY DISPUTE BETWEEN OR AMONG USERS OF THE VS. SITE OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY CONTENT POSTED, TRANSMITTED EXCHANGE OR RECEIVED BY OR ON BEHALF OF ANY USER OR OTHER PERSON ON OR THROUGH THE VS. SITE. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT (I) THE MUTUAL AGREEMENTS MADE IN THIS SECTION REFLECT A REASONABLE ALLOCATION OF RISK, AND (II) THE PARTIES HERETO WOULD NOT HAVE ENTERED INTO THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS WITHOUT THESE LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY
18. Termination or Modification
We may terminate, modify, suspend or discontinue the VS. Site at any time. In addition, we may restrict, suspend or terminate your access to the VS. Site if we believe you are in breach of these Terms & Conditions, applicable law, or for any other reason without notice or liability to you or any third party. If your account is terminated, we may immediately deactivate or delete any information or files in your account and/or bar any further access to such information or files. Any suspected fraudulent, abusive or illegal activity in connection with your use of the VS. Site or the Services may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities.
These Terms & Conditions and the relationship between you and us shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York , without regard to its conflict of l aw provisions. You agree that any cause of action that may arise under these Terms & Conditions shall be filed and heard in the courts of the State and County of New York. Regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to your use of the VS. Site or these Terms & Conditions much be filed within one year after such cause of action arose. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provisions of these Terms & Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provisions. If any provision of these Terms & Conditions is found to be invalid, the parties agree that the remaining provisions remain in effect.
Please report any violations of the Terms & Conditions to our Administration